ULGATL Young Professionals
The Urban League of Greater Atlanta Young Professionals (ULGA-YP) is an auxiliary of the Urban League of Greater Atlanta and is comprised of young professionals across metro Atlanta who are dedicated to serving their local communities through social and community activism.
The mission of this organization, based on the strategic imperatives of the National Urban League and the Urban League of Greater Atlanta, is simple—to provide empowerment in five core areas:
- Education empowerment to ensure the youth in our communities are well-educated and prepared for economic self-reliance;
- Economic empowerment for those struggling to attain economic self-sufficiency;
- Health and quality of life empowerment to help eliminate health disparities;
- Civic engagement and leadership empowerment to encourage all people to take an active role in influencing public policy and leadership in their communities; and
- Civil rights and racial justice empowerment to promote and ensure civil rights in all aspects of American society.
Along with tremendous opportunities to network and give service to the community with some of metro Atlanta’s premiere up-and-coming and established young professionals, our members support the mission and work of the Urban League of Greater Atlanta serving as volunteers, presenters, instructors, grant writiers, committee members and mentors for its education, workforce/career development, job skills training, housing, entrepreneurship, advocacy, youth development programs and special events. AULYP members also enjoy free personal and professional development workshops, discounts on the products and services of local business partners of the AULYP, and opportunities to expose their businesses and our members and partners.
To become a member and learn more about our organization and our members, please visit our website: www.aulyp.net.
President – ULGATL Young Professionals
Urban League of Greater Atlanta Guild
The Atlanta Urban League Guild (AULG) is comprised of citizens who want to get involved and give back to their communities by contributing their time, skills and experience to the organization. AULG focuses its efforts on community service, fundraising, and leadership development.
The first Urban League Guild was established in 1942 by Mrs. Mollie Moon, to help raise revenue for the National Urban League. The former Executive Director of the Atlanta Urban League, Grace Towns-Hamilton organized the Atlanta Urban League Guild Chapter on October 16, 1949. The Guild is an auxiliary of the Urban League of Greater Atlanta, and is a member of the National Council of Urban League Guilds.
The Mission of the Atlanta Urban League Guild is to stimulate, develop and promote volunteer participation and leadership consistent with the goals and objectives of the Urban League of Greater Atlanta. The focus of AULG’s volunteer efforts include:
- Fundraising to Support Urban League of Greater Atlanta Programs/Initiatives
- Health Screenings & Referrals
- Community Development
The Guild meets the fourth Wednesday of each month. The Urban League of Greater Atlanta invites you to help us make an impact on our community by becoming a member of the Guild by visiting our website: www.ulgaguild.org.
President – ULGATL Guild