Urban Youth Empowerment Program RISE (UYEP RISE) aims to help youth and young adults who have been involved in the juvenile justice system reach their education and career goals.
UYEP RISE is available free of charge to individuals who meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Are between the ages of 16 to24
- Currently or previously involved in the juvenile justice systems
- Has never been convicted as an adult under Federal, State, or local law.
- Demonstrate an interest and motivation to pursue UYEP RISE activities and services
- Currently reside in the following service delivery area:
- 30303, 30306, 30308, 30309, 30310, 30311, 30312, 30313, 30314, 30315, 30316, 30318, 30344, 30349, 30354, 30331, 30331, 30032, 30034
Participants will receive comprehensive services delivered by experienced , dedicated staff and partners, including:
- Hands-on work experience and access to employers
- GED instruction, study materials and test vouchers
- Job placement assistance and retention services
- Counseling and personalized career planning services
- Access to mentors, case managers, and tutors
- Stipends for participation in select activities
- Assistance with records sealing and expungement
PARTICIPANT ENGAGEMENT REQUIREMENTS
Once admitted into the program, you will be required to participate in workforce development activities, education and training, case management, mentoring and service learning projects.
Each participant will receive a schedule that is tailored to their specific interests and career and educational goals. A sample weekly schedule is below:
|Workforce Fundamentals||GED Instruction||Workforce Fundamentals||GED Instruction||Career Exploration|
|Career Exploration||Meeting with Mentor||Interview Preparation||Job Search Activities||Job Search Activities|
|Meeting with Advocate Counselor||Job Search Activities||Financial Workshop||Career Exploration||Meeting with Advocate Counselor|
Give yourself the gift of a new start. Register today to reserve your spot! Enrollment is limited! There is only space for 100 participants
For more information please contact: