Here’s why WGU is a great way to earn your bachelor’s or master’s degree:
A SIMPLE APPLICATION PROCESS
WGU is ideal for the student who needs flexibility and can thrive with a higher degree of independence. The admission process is designed to help you learn about the nature of study at WGU and help both you and the university reach an informed decision about your enrollment.
You can apply for admission online in a matter of minutes by visiting www.wgu.edu/nul and clicking on the “Apply Now” button. You can also call a WGU enrollment Counselor toll-free at 1-866-225-5948 to learn more. Programs begin the first of every month.
The basic tuition for most programs is just $2,890 per six-month term. WGU charges tuition flat rate every six months, so you pay for the time, not the credit hours. Compare that with what other reputable, regionally accredited online universities charge and you’ll discover WGU tuition is typically half the cost.
WGU IS ONLINE AND FLEXIBLE.
You’ll benefit from a high-quality, accredited degree, yet have the added convenience of being able to complete coursework in the comfort of your home or anywhere with an internet connection.
WGU IS COMPETENCY-BASED MEASURING LEARNING, NOT TIME.
At WGU, our focus is on making sure you possess the skills and knowledge you need to be successful. If you already possess these “competencies”, you can complete your program faster- and for less money, too.
WGU IS AFFORDABLE.
Because WGU is nonprofit, our tuition remains low- typically half the cost of other reputable online universities. WGU also charges tuition at a flat rate every six months (rather than by credit hour) so you only pay for the time you need to complete your degree program. It’s not easy, but you could potentially save thousands.
WGU OFFERS RELEVANT, ACCREDITED DEGREE PROGRAMS.
Western Governors University is nationally accredited by the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC). WGU is also regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, one of the major accrediting commissions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council
Western Governors University and the National Urban League have partnered to offer special discounts for individuals affiliated with the National Urban League to help them reach their education and career goals.
Individuals affiliated with the National Urban League- employees, members and clients- are eligible for the following special offers:
- A $65 application fee waiver (use code SP7)
- A 5% discount on our already affordable tuition
- An opportunity to apply for one of twenty $5,000 WGU – National Urban League Scholarships
To get additional information, please call 866-225-5948 or visit www.wgu.edu/nul
WGU-National Urban League Scholarship Fund
WGU is pleased to offer the WGU-National Urban League Scholarships. These scholarships, valued ip to $5,000 are designed to help individuals affiliated with the Urban League of Greater Atlanta reach their goal of finishing a college degree.
- To be eligible for this scholarship, students must:
- Be an employee, member or client of the Urban League of Greater Atlanta
- Describe their personal affiliation with the Urban League of Greater Atlanta
- Complete an application for admission and officially admitted to WGU
- Submit official transcripts showing completion of an associate’s degree or passing at least 60 credits of college-level coursework
- Complete the free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Interview with a WGU Scholarship Counselor prior to award decision
WGU DEGREE OFFERINGS
COLLEGE OF BUSINESS
- B.S. Business Management
- B.S. Business- Human Resource Management
- B.S. Marketing Management
- B.S. Sales and Sales Management
- B.S. Accounting
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- MBA- Information Technology Management
COLLEGE OF HEALTH PROFESSIONS
- B.S. Health Informatics
- B.S. Nursing (RN to BSN)
- M.S. Nursing – Education (BSN or RN to MSN)
- M.S. Nursing – Leadership and Management (BSN or RN to MSN)
- MBA – Healthcare Management
COLLEGE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- B.S. Information Technology
- B.S. Information Technology – Network Administration
- B.S. Information Technology – Network Design and Management
- B.S. Information Technology – Databases
- B.S. Information Technology – Security
- B.S. Information Technology – Software
- M.S. Information Security and Assurance