Released by: Marc H. Morial, President & CEO, National Urban League
Source: The National Urban League Wire
- Widespread Use of Body Cameras and Dashboard Cameras
- Broken Windows Reform and Implementation of 21st Century Community Policing Model
- Review and Revision of Police Use of Deadly Force Policies
- Comprehensive Retraining of All Police Officers
- Comprehensive Review and Strengthening of Police Hiring Standards
- Appointment of Special Prosecutors to Investigate Police Misconduct
- Mandatory, Uniform FBI Reporting and Audit of Lethal Force Incidents Involving All Law Enforcement
- Creation and Audit of National Database of Citizen Complaints against Police
- Revision of National Police Accreditation System for Mandatory Use by Law Enforcement To Be Eligible for Federal Funds
- National Comprehensive Anti-Racial Profiling Law
Join Us-Become Part of The Movement
The Urban League has various ways you can become a member. Our auxilaries provide the perfect fit for you to plug into and empower yourself and your community. Click the organization titles to learn more about our each organization.
When the Urban League calls…The Guild Answers! The ULGA-Guild is the civic engagement and fundraising arm of the League. Connect and serve with Atlanta’s finest.
ULGA-YP is comprised of professionals under 40 across metro Atlanta who are dedicated to serving their local communities through social and community activism.